Sally Van Eycke's Twitch

Sally Van Eycke's Twitch
Twitch.tv/g0d5m15t4k3

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Review of Boscia's Luminizing Black Mask



I bought this from Sephora. I've had other good experiences with Boscia before and I thought, "Hey a peel off mask by them is probably pretty awesome." I was totally right in that assumption. This thing basically works like a giant Biore pore strip. Only, its slightly less harsh. The pore strips can sometimes rip my delicate little facial hairs out. Probably I am letting it dry a bit too long. But this mask is better for more than just that reason. It also leaves my skin feeling super amazingly soft afterward. I don't know quiiiiite what they mean by "luminizing" but if it means "pulls black heads out/unclogs pores" THAT it does well.

Let's see it in action!

First, to get your pores all super open before applying this gel kind of mask, take a nice long, hot shower. You can tell it was a long shower for me because I washed my hair even. Just use two fingers to evenly distribute a thin layer of the stuff onto your face. It says to avoid eyebrows/facial hair. I agree with this warning.


Now, go do something for about 10 minutes while it dries. It should start to feel tight. Especially if you try to move your face. It should no longer be sticky at all. Now its ready to peel off. I start down here at my chin and work my way upwards. Kind of roll your finger tips up at the edge to get it started.


Look like a scary monster peeling off their skin! Don't pull super fast or it won't come off in nice sheets like this. You will see all kinds of interesting gunk in the mask when you look at it. Not as satisfying as a Biore strip (I actually don't think the mask goes nearly as deep as those) but still pretty gross/awesome.


You will inevitably have some spots where you put it on too thick and it didn't dry like the rest. Also where ever it ends, it kind of leaves trace amounts. If you are slightly dumb like me, you got some in both your eyebrows. Good job. Use a warm wet washcloth to rinse all the leftovers and residue off.




Once everything is rinsed off with the warm washcloth, I actually go for the super gross further measure of squeezing any remaining black heads out of my nose creases. You know, right where your nostril meets your cheek. Don't act like this isn't blackhead town for you too. It doesn't always pull the whole black head out, sometimes it just rips the top of it off. But that leaves it super open and easy just to scratch out gently with a fingernail. I doubt they recommend this step, but its nice.

Once your all done with that give your face a splash with some cool water. Pat dry and moisturize/medicate as usual. I do NOT recommend this for a day routine and putting makeup on afterward. This is a night time, just before bed, kind of thing. I like this over Biore for a lot of reasons. It makes my skin feels super soft and not irritated. Biore, though it rips the blackheads out in full, also rips a layer of my flesh off and makes my skin hurt. This stuff is fantastically gentle considering it still rips blackheads out and exfoliates the top layer of skin. A+, highly recommended. I use it like once a month.


No comments:

Post a Comment