Sally Van Eycke's Twitch

Sally Van Eycke's Twitch
Twitch.tv/g0d5m15t4k3

Monday, June 3, 2013

Shampoo & Conditioner I Love


I love Matrix Biologe. I think I found out about it years ago after I got a terrible hair cut at Great Clips but after the cut, was recommended Matrix products. I bought some and haven’t looked back since. To give some background, I have long, thick, dry, dyed hair. My scalp also gets dry and flaky if I use crap shampoo. So the products I look for have to: usually be dye friendly, really moisturize (my hair AND scalp) and not further damage my hair. If your hair is fine, oily, or not dyed, the stuff I use will probably be too heavy for you. I have experimented with a few different product lines Matrix has, but here are my favorite two:
I found this shampoo to be awesome. I only wash my hair about once a week. On average. I can take between 3 and 10 days to wash my hair. A little goes a long way and it isn’t drying. It soothes my scalp. Gets rid of flakes and moisturizes. It doesn’t strip my haircolor horribly. Though I have weird colored hair so any shampoo at all is going to cause my water to be colorful. Which is one of the reasons I don’t wash very often.



I found this conditioner is freaking amazing. I love the smell. It conditions my thick, porous, dyed, long & damaged ends of my hair. I’d recommend to use it every other wash as it can be kind of heavy. But in the winter, go ahead and use it every time. I Buy it in a tub.



Those are the ones I love. However, right now I am using some others as experiments:

 Naturelle Biotera Ultra Moisturizing Conditioner

This is kind of like knock off Matrix Biolage. I don't like the smell as much as I like Matrix, but its been doing a pretty nice job lately. I've used it long ago in the past but sort of forgot if I liked it or not. I've been using it for a couple weeks and its been alright. Its moisturizing enough, but I think I might need to do a deep moisturizing treatment every few times I use this stuff. Not as good as the Matrix HydraTherapy stuff but not bad either.
Matrix Biolage ScalpTherapie Normalizing Shampoo

I accidentally got this instead of my anti-dandruff stuff. This is still not bad. I love the smell. Its not a creamy consistency like the anti-dandruff. It has salicylic acid in it to help normalize the scalp and keep it from flaking. So I view it as like dandruff shampoo lite. It isn't as moisturizing which is the biggest draw back. But it also isn't causing me to be super flaky. Again, I've only been using it for a couple of weeks so the jury is still out but preliminary results are: it's not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment