Sally Van Eycke's Twitch

Sally Van Eycke's Twitch
Twitch.tv/g0d5m15t4k3

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Product review: Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser

I got this jumbo sample ages ago and due to its size, threw it in my travel bag for use at conventions/the gym. I'm almost all the way through this tube and I can heartily say: I love this stuff. My acne prone, sensitive skin actually feels great when I use this stuff. Since I am using it mostly at conventions, it has to have the ability to do two very important things: 1. Really scrub off all the makeup at the end of the day (hello heavy makeup for costumes!) 2. Not dry out my skin (usually I change makeup for day vs. night and sometimes even more often for a costume change). This stuff is amazingly effective at both.



I've also started to use it when I go to the gym and use the gym shower. Its good at scrubbing off all my oily, sweaty self in preparation for my daily makeup. It keeps the zits at bay, scrubs off my makeup, doesn't over dry, doesn't smell gross and leaves my skin feeling so fresh n so clean. I'm debating throwing down the $30 to get 6.75 oz, but it seems kind of insanely priced. I wish I could just keep getting the smaller travel tubes but I either got this as a sample or part of a kit (couldn't find it even in a kit just now). The product is really great though, so it is very tempting and I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. Deluxe samples rarely are worth the price for more than one time around. It's always best to pony up for the full size cause deluxe samples are sometimes up to quadruple the price per ounce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ironically, the day after I posted this, I did just that. I went to Ulta and picked up the $30 full size. I will likely try to refill the wee tiny travel tube to kind of make it last longer. My everyday cleanser doesn't have to be super fancy when I'm pretty happy with my Neutrogena washes.

      Delete