Sally Van Eycke's Twitch

Sally Van Eycke's Twitch
Twitch.tv/g0d5m15t4k3

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Avon Mascara


My mom bought this for me awhile back and I'm now nearing the end of this tube so I think I can officially review it. It's Avon's wash off waterproof mascara. I know that seems conflicting and it kind of is. Basically its a super resilient mascara. It won't run or drip or smudge from your greasy eyes or rubbing your eyes. Which is absolutely fantastic. I love that about it! I rub my eyes a lot because I have dry eyes. That means I also frequently use eye drops and this stuff stands up to that as well. Tears and raindrops stand no chance to this stuff.

Here's how it looks freshly after putting it on:





I think it looks nice and natural. As in, not all clumpy and gloppy. I really don't like that look at all. Especially for work which these pics are taken prior to going to work. I suppose clumpy might have its place if that's what you're going for, but I'd only wear it like that to the bar.

Anyway! The brush is nothing fancy. It's a standard straight brush which I like because I use the side, not the tip, to apply my mascara. I hate curved because the curve never matches the curve of my eye and it seems to not evenly squeegee off when you pull it out of the tube. Just a tip on that, you shouldn't pump your mascara brush in and out multiple times. That can dry it out. Once is enough. And if you're running low, I like to kind of stir it inside the tube to gather up as much mascara as possible before extracting the brush from the tube.

My only dislike about this mascara is in fact how it washes off. Yes, you can wash it off with a washcloth and water. However, you really have to scrub to get it all off. It comes off in flaky chunks. Its easy to think you have it all off and you don't, or you have a bunch of black flakes on your cheeks. Either be committed to really scrubbing it off (wouldn't recommend this if you have contacts in) or just use eye makeup remover before washing your face. Honestly, if you're wearing eyeshadow already anyway you might as well use makeup remover.

Overall, though, I like this mascara just fine. It doesn't stain my washcloths black like my usual Maybelline Great Lash in Blackest Black (which is totally true, its the blackest mascara I've ever found!). Its dark enough for daily wear, but I like something darker for going out. That reminds me, I need some clear mascara for my eyebrows. More on that awesome tip later!


No comments:

Post a Comment