Sally Van Eycke's Twitch

Sally Van Eycke's Twitch
Twitch.tv/g0d5m15t4k3

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

L'Oreal True Match Concealer, Foundation, & Powder

I'm going a bit more in depth in my review of my daily-wear makeup. I can't explain enough how much this makeup has improved my life. I've really come to love L'Oreal's True Match line of makeup. I had a very hard time finding a makeup that does these 3 things well: Provide appropriate coverage, match my skin, and not make me break out.

I've got the weirdest skin it seems sometimes. It's oily mostly only in the t-zone area. It's very sensitive to what I put on it - I'm allergic to peroxide, latex, band-aids, medical adhesive and recently I found out, EKG goop! Yay! I get whiteheads and blackheads regularly but I can live with them. Mostly if I have a zit, its a deep, cystic type one that gets really red and painful but usually doesn't pop or even come to a head unless I lance it with a needle. Plus its super soft, pale, and fragile. So if I squeeze anything, I usually end up with very angry torn skin. Also, I have under eye circles that just never go away.

So long story short: nice makeup is a nice way to cover these occasional breakouts and even out my skintone!

I'll go in the order I put them on: foundation, concealer, powder.

Right now, I've got two colors in my kit. They're really similar to each other. I used their little plasticy device at CVS to figure out my color. It says to get the one that disappears on the inside of your wrist. I compared as well to my face. I've been wearing the N1 for a really long time but I thought it looked a bit pink on me, so re-evaluated recently and made the purchase for the W2. Though I think the W2 is closer to my actual fleshtone, I've been going back and forth. The W2 feels too light because in comparison, I've been wearing something darker. I have to get over the fact that the N1 doesn't seem to match me right now. I usually use my close-matching foundations to the bar so I'm not wasting good money.


Don't get me wrong, they are BOTH really pale. But the W2 seems paler when it's on me. My skin is kind of yellowy so I think its a better match. I tried the W1 once and its like WOAH pale. I'm almost see-through I'm so white. So I'm surprised and pleased there are colors lighter than me out there. I'd be interested to know how people feel about the darker end of the spectrum, but they really seem to have a huge variety of colors. More than any other maker I've seen. Especially the high-end brands!


This concealer is really great for under eye circles and zits because once it dries, it doesn't come off easily. If you need more coverage, let it dry and dab some more on. It is nicely buildable. Once you've got the coverage you like, use the sponge on your powder makeup to set it. This is the lightest neutral which doesn't match my W2 foundation so much, but it still works just fine for under-eye circles.



I don't have a lot to say really about the powder. It matches me nicely, doesn't clog my pores all to hell, makes me matte instead of shiny and kind of locks the makeup on. I use powder because if I just used foundation, I'd end up rubbing my face all off by the end of the day. That's a tip: try not to rub your face! I rub the tip of my nose a lot I've found out, so that's usually messed up a bit by the end of the day. Usually its feathered out though from inconsistent rubbing so it isn't too obvious.




I will say that I only use the sponge that comes with the powder to apply it to my under eyes and to dab on top of my zits. To put the rest on, I recommend a fluffy powder brush. I do my under eyes, then brush on my whole face, then dab on my zits. That seems to get the best coverage. If you have a particularly large zit to cover, its possible that you'll need to go over it again with concealer and powder. It happens. Don't worry. This stuff doesn't really seem to aggravate zits. That's one reason I love it.

Well, good luck everyone! Try this makeup. I think it's worth the money!

No comments:

Post a Comment