Sally Van Eycke's Twitch

Sally Van Eycke's Twitch
Twitch.tv/g0d5m15t4k3

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A quick rant about some things I don't like

Here are 3 products I've been begrudgingly been using until they are gone so that I won't ever have to buy them again:




Here we have from left to right:
Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Shampoo
Neutrogena Ageless Restoratives Energy Renewal Cleanser
CVS Apricot Scrub (knock off of St. Ives)


I'll explain why I hate these will be overjoyed when I've used them all up so I can move on.

I've had the shampoo for awhile in my basement queued up to be used. I only shampoo usually on Sunday (or Wednesday and Sunday) so I don't go through it very quickly. I don't know why I bought this stuff to begin with. It's a brand I've used at my mom's house and was never impressed with it there either. My mom has very short hair, so I don't think shampoo is much of a concern for her. Having long, thick, porous & kinky white girl hair, though, the shampoo I use affects all of my hair. Not just my scalp. This stuff not only dries the shit out of my scalp & gives me dandruff, but it washed all my hair color out too! Never again!

I bought the Neutrogena face wash at Big Lots and thought "Oh hey, I love Neutrogena. This is cheap, I'll try it out." Nope. It sucks. It actually makes me break out. Consistently. I also don't like the film it seems to leave on my face afterwards. That's probably what's causing me to break out. I have pretty sensitive skin. I also get nodule, cystic acne. This seems to both aggravate that and give me white heads. Never again!

I've bought the CVS face scrub in the past but apparently I forgot how much it sucked. I kind of got it on request of my boyfriend who wanted a nice exfoliator. He and I both really liked the sample of Yu Be Foaming Skin Polish I got from a Sephora order. But the CVS stuff (and let's be honest here - the St. Ives scrub too) just isn't up to par. The Yu Be exfoliator is like a godsend. The grit is a lot finer than what you can get at CVS or St. Ives. It just smoothly buffs off dead skin. This knock off stuff, on the other hand, actually feels like gross sandpaper and my face feels rough after using it. Tony, my boyfriend, has nice, even-toned brown skin and doesn't seem to mind the knock off but does agree the Yu Be is better by a lot.


I can't wait til I'm done with these so I can move on. But I just can't justify throwing out something. So here I wait in limbo.

No comments:

Post a Comment