Sally Van Eycke's Twitch

Sally Van Eycke's Twitch
Twitch.tv/g0d5m15t4k3

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Wear your hair fluffy!

So what do you do the day after you wear your hair wiggly? You can wear it fluffy! In some manner. I recommend pigtails, pony tails, or another round of braids. I usually wear mine in a do-rag to sleep after wearing it wiggly to keep it from getting super matted. Sorry I don't have a photo of that. Though it is pretty funny. But do rags are useful to preserve... your hairdo!

First, brush it out in small sections. Then brush it all together. If you have long or curly hair already, you already know this. But if you don't do it piece by piece, you'll end up with a lot of hair coming out. I hardly had any come out after brushing mine out. Here's how ridiculous it looks all brushed out:



I don't wear it out like this really because the top part is pretty flat still. But there's so much body in it, its a shame to waste!

This next step might gross everyone out. Since this is about day 4 or 5 after washing it, my scalp is pretty flaky and itchy. I meticulously go through my scalp and use my fingernails to scratch out all the dandruff. I just pretend I'm giving a really good head scratch to my kitty cat or something. I periodically empty the gunk out of underneath my fingernails (a good 20 times). You'll know you are almost done when hardly anything is under your nails anymore. Make sure you get all areas of your scalp: forehead to neck, ear to ear and all in betweens. The crown of my head gets pretty gross.

That part was the nasty part. But would you rather have nasty dandruff? Hell no! After that, make sure to brush your scalp oil through your hair as best you can. It's still going to be flatter near the root of your hair no matter what you do, but it is good to get as much residual flakes out as possible and evenly distribute your scalp's natural oil.

Next, find a nice leave in conditioner or oil to put in to moisturize the ends of your hair. This is a product I had never tried before, but my mom got it for me:


 Just For Me Hair Milk. Yes, its an African American hair product for kids. But its a detangler / straightening mist that I figured I might as well give it a shot. The spray bottle was really nice. The smell was okay. Not great, not terrible. I saturated my hair pretty well with it. I alternated spraying with brushing it through. After it dried, here was the result:


Pretty straight. Really thick, had nice body. I wore it in a pony tail, but cute pigtails would have worked. My hair is normally pretty thick, but this seemed fluffier than usual. I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment