Sally Van Eycke's Twitch

Sally Van Eycke's Twitch
Twitch.tv/g0d5m15t4k3

Monday, May 20, 2013

Sprite Eyes

This past Cinco de Mayo, I decided to do colorful springy-ish eyes. One of my party goers said this makeup reminded him of the sprite logo:


I can see it:



So how, you might ask, does one make awesome eyes like these? And I'll tell you!


Start off doing your regular everyday face makeup routine. (As explained in Makeup Basics). Then use that awesome Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer sitting in your makeup bag on your eyelids! Let that dry a bit. I recommend brushing your teeth or something while you wait.

You're going to need brushes and eyeshadow:



Brushes: Essence of Beauty, L'Oreal HIP, Maybelline (and the one inside the Naked Palette)

Eyeshadow (L to R): Urban Decay Naked Palette, Urban Decay Narcotic, Ben Nye LU-6 Sun Yellow, Tokidoki Robbery Palette


Start by loading up your fattest brush with your lightest color. In this case, it was the Essence of Beauty brush with the Ben Nye yellow. You apply that to your inner eye and across most of the eyelid. Next, I did the Urban Decay blue using the angled Maybelline brush. That is what you use to cut your crease. Put it right in the crease of your eye lid. I followed that out into a bit of a cat eye (which is my typical eyeshadow look, it seems to compliment my eyes well). Next, I used the HIP brush to do the Tokidoki green. You just kind of blend that in between where you cut the crease with the blue and the over all lid yellow. Finally, I used the flat end of the brush in the naked palette to apply the lightest color IN the naked palette between the blue crease area and my eyebrow.


I occasionally use my foundation brush to dust off any eyeshadow that falls on to my cheeks. If you find your colors are a little too blended because of that, you can go over them again. Be sure when you load up your shadow on to your brush, you tap the brush a little to get rid of some of that excess powder. That helps with the shadow fall. Another great tip I've found is simply using a hand mirror laying flat on your counter and leaning over and using it to put your shadow on. Gravity, bitches. The powder falls on to the mirror. I use the palette mirror that comes with my Urban Decay Naked 2 or Vice, those are both pretty big.

And boom! Final product is gorgeous:


No comments:

Post a Comment